Just modules planned?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Whizbang_Dustyboots

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2003 :  03:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any plans for, say, a Port Blacksand book, or will we just see that setting in the pages of a City of Thieves module?

Also, FF books have their own spells, monsters and more. Will we be seeing these written up in their own sourcebooks ever, or will we need to snag individual novels for that?

MikeDymond

59 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2003 :  10:05:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We do indeed intend to publish other source material as well as the adventures. Look out for Out of the Pit and a Titan world guide. No set release date for these yet but keep watching this space and they will be announced here.

Cheers Mike
Managing Director
Myriador Ltd
Go to Top of Page

Yaztromo

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2003 :  15:48:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excellent news. I keep looking over Titan and Out of the Pit on my shelf and thinking about doing the conversion- and now I don't need to Looking forward to many more books from you peeps, and hopefully I'll find out who the damn traitor in Masks of Mayhem is!

Witty phrase pending.
Go to Top of Page

nyarlathotep

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2003 :  23:37:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it right that you will be doing a FF rule book?
I heard that it would be a PHB/DMG/MM all in one compact volume.
If this is so then hurrah to you, this should make introducing my son to roleplaying all the easier
Go to Top of Page

jamie

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2003 :  09:19:29  Show Profile  Visit jamie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A FF rule book is indeed planned. No release date as yet. It will comprise of a DMG/PHB with a separate monsters book (Out of the pit). The Titan FF world source book is also in the pipe line

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD
Go to Top of Page

MikeDymond

59 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2003 :  11:33:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The main Rulebook will contain enough monsters to get you going but there will also be a more comprehensive collection available shortly afterwards (Out of the Pit). The idea is indeed that new gamers will be able to buy one book and be able to start playing. And of course all our modules will be compatible with this new system!

Cheers Mike
Managing Director
Myriador Ltd
Go to Top of Page

shindorim

2 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2003 :  19:41:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry, when you say a FF rules book what do you mean? Is it just going to be supplemental information for the D&D 3rd player's manual? Is it a revamping of the FF house system? An OGL thing like Muntants & Masterminds?
Go to Top of Page

MikeDymond

59 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2003 :  11:19:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We cannot reveal too much about the FF RPG at this time. What we can say is that it will be a completely self contained RPG, released under the OGL and aimed at the new gamer.

More details will be available on this forum soon.

Cheers Mike
Managing Director
Myriador Ltd
Go to Top of Page

shindorim

2 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2003 :  13:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds interesting, Mike, thanks for the info.
Go to Top of Page

Dragón de Piedra

Spain
2 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2003 :  14:13:57  Show Profile  Visit Dragón de Piedra's Homepage  Click to see Dragón de Piedra's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
WOW, that´s awesome!

I have been waiting for a FF complete conversion to RPG since I discovered roleplaying (which was over three years after I discovered gamebooks)!

I am loking forward to your publishing these FF game, sourcebook an Out of the Pit monster mannual, as well as your adaptation of individual gamebooks and series. I am looking forward to the Lone Wolf d20 HB; with all this, my favourite series will be soon converted to RPG.

And I can´t say I have not tried a hundred times myself: I have mastered various FF and LW gamebooks for the old AD&D 2nd, and if my players enjoyed it, wait to see their faces now! I even have some minor adaptations of these fantasy worlds (Titan and Magnamund) in my web (www.geocities.com/dragondepiedra -sorry only Spanish version by now), and I am very happy to see them obsolete by a moderne, comprehensive and conversion as this promises to be.

So, thank you, Myriador, and best of lucks for you and your editions.

Alex

Go to Top of Page

cidervampire

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2003 :  20:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is the rulebook that you've got planned the same thing that is on the advanced fighting fantasy web page or are we going to end up with two rule sets
Go to Top of Page

MikeDymond

59 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2003 :  00:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No what we are planning has nothing to do with AFF.

Cheers Mike
Managing Director
Myriador Ltd
Go to Top of Page

Eryx

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2003 :  00:23:11  Show Profile  Visit Eryx's Homepage  Click to see Eryx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
An Out of the Pit monsters book? Now thats certainly on my must have list.

Go to Top of Page

Sotterraneo

Italy
12 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2003 :  10:30:58  Show Profile  Visit Sotterraneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeDymond

No what we are planning has nothing to do with AFF.

Cheers Mike

I was told that in the October Previews (an US catalogs with a section for new ganes and gaming products) that a sourcebook for Kharé has been announced. Is this true?

Thanks!

Ciro

PS: did you receive my latest message?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Myriador Forums © 2002 Myriador Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000