Password:
Save Password
?All Forums
?Myriador
?General
?Worlds
?New Topic ?Reply to Topic
?Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic?Topic?Next Topic ?

Balgin

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted?-?22 Nov 2004?:? 22:57:35 ?Show Profile ?Reply with Quote
Simply put the Fighting Fantasy adventures can be easily sorted into a number of different categories:

Fighting Fantasy (adventures set in Allansia, The Old World or Khul)
Sci-Fi (Space Assassin, Starship Traveller etc)
Orb (the world of the The Way of the Tiger gamebooks, the Duelmaster gamebooks and quite possinly the Golden Dragon gaming books too).
Earth (House of Hell, Freeway Fighter, Appointment with F.E.A.R. etc)

And there's probably a few odds and ends (The Legend of Zagor takes place outside the Fighting Fantasy world but features Yaztromo in the begining so it has a tangible link).

Anyway my point is that for Myriador it might be simpler to work with one "world group" at a time as a main focus because it'll give your guys time to start developing the other settings. Thoughts anyone?

Eryx

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted?-?23 Nov 2004?:? 00:40:10 ?Show Profile ?Visit Eryx's Homepage ?Click to see Eryx's MSN Messenger address ?Reply with Quote
On a personal note, I'm not all that interested in the non-fantasy ones. I don't think the others will work all that well IMO.

----

Love is what we're born with. Fear is what we learn here.

Checkout the IceHaven D&D online chat at:
http://www.exodus-chat.org/IceHaven/
Go to Top of Page

Balgin

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted?-?23 Nov 2004?:? 05:58:07 ?Show Profile ?Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eryx
I don't think the others will work all that well IMO.

I'm inclined to agree but I include those set in the world of Orb in the fantasy category. The ones with trucks, guns, tanks and spaceships (not to mention the helicopters) might get a bit difficult to write without becoming very linear.

Of course House of Hell could be done in the standard "the house keeps everyone in" thing but when some guy's driving a truck full of petrol somewhere what does the Gm do if the player decides to go to burma? (Old gaming joke).
Go to Top of Page
? Previous Topic?Topic?Next Topic ?
?New Topic ?Reply to Topic
?Printer Friendly
Myriador Forums ? 2002 Myriador Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000