Sorcery! 1 - The Shamuntanti Hills
 accuracy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alexmegelas

8 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2004 :  18:53:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering: how accurate does the Shamutanti Hills represent the original Fighting Fantasy book? This is a big part of the attraction for these releases so I'd love to know what people's thoughts are on this.. thanks.

Antonmodron

Spain
17 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2004 :  15:16:57  Show Profile  Visit Antonmodron's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In my opinion, the resemblance is almost complete. Nearly everything that appears in the book is somewhere in the adventure and there is a lot more information in the adventure concerning the villages and things like that. The only major encounter of the book that was not in the adventure was the hunchback that poses riddles to you just before Birritanti. Anyway, even if that encounter could prove vital in the book it is not that important in the adventure.

Antonio
Go to Top of Page

Iouconnou

1 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  09:20:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that the locket with the woman's picture in it, which was oh-so-essential come one of the final encounters of The Crown of Kings, is missing from Shamutanti Hills. I know this annoyed a lot of people playing the original books, when they realised they'd survived right to the end sections only to be stumped by something they'd only by chance not picked up in the first book. Is this why it was left out?

Iouconnou.
Go to Top of Page

alexmegelas

8 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2004 :  17:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes - I'd noticed the omission of the locket as well. However, I have to agree that Shamutanti was overall very close to the original book. I just picked it up, along with Kharé and enjoyed both. I would have loved to get creature stats on the Svinns though..

I haven't had a chance to compare with the Kharé book yet, but it seems as if the module doesn't have as many VIC encounters as the book? Am I mistaken on this? One thing I appreciated was stats on the Redeyes..
Go to Top of Page

festaskull

22 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2004 :  10:04:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do belive that the locket is found in the pilfer grass...in shumutanti hills...

or is it in the dining room with the candle stick...

Tonight the moon is full ,
in the land beyond the forest,
the howling of the Wallachian wolves , a seranade to the dreareyst soul.
Go to Top of Page

festaskull

22 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  10:00:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The locket is mentioned on page 14 Section Pilfer Grass.
Encounter 10.
"If the charcters are succesful on the second spot check they find a small locket containing the portrait of a woman valued at 10 gp"

Tonight the moon is full ,
in the land beyond the forest,
the howling of the Wallachian wolves , a seranade to the dreareyst soul.
Go to Top of Page

jamie

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  15:12:25  Show Profile  Visit jamie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Festaskull wrote:
Encounter 10.
"If the characters are successful on the second spot check they find a small locket containing the portrait of a woman valued at 10 gp"

you will also notice that i wrote: This item has no relevance to the adventure.

All of the SORCERY! adventures are designed as stand alone scenarios, or play them all together if you wish. Putting an item in the first adventure which is vital to the success of the fourth adventure is contrary to this, and so was dropped.

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Myriador Forums © 2002 Myriador Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000