Password:
Save Password
?All Forums
?Fighting Fantasy Adventures
?Sorcery! 1 - The Shamuntanti Hills
?Updating Shamutanti Hills and opinions
?New Topic ?Reply to Topic
?Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic?Topic?Next Topic ?

Antonmodron

Spain
17 Posts

Posted?-?05 May 2004?:? 13:26:00 ?Show Profile ?Visit Antonmodron's Homepage ?Reply with Quote
I've been updating the Shamutanti Hills to 3.5 and even the work hasn't been that harder it was a bit time consuming :-)

Apart from that, I've made the encounters grow a bit to represent a challenge for my party, especially the manticore in the end (a final encounter with an EL 4 was a bit too easy for me) and re-written a bit some characters (I caught some errata and have used mostly NPC classes for innkeepers and the like apart from using the Mongoose Witch for Alianna and Gaza Moon).

Has anyone made something similar?

What is your experience?

Antonio

PD: Jamie, when should we expect the Seven Serpents?

Eternalknight

Australia
117 Posts

Posted?-?06 May 2004?:? 14:56:00 ?Show Profile ?Visit Eternalknight's Homepage ?Send Eternalknight an AOL message ?Send Eternalknight an ICQ Message ?Click to see Eternalknight's MSN Messenger address ?Send Eternalknight a Yahoo! Message ?Reply with Quote
I haven't played Shamutanti Hills yet, so I can't comment there :) But the balance of Cityport of Traps and Seven Serpents (playtest version) seems about right to me, so I would expect Shamutanti Hills to be the same.

You should get a bit of aid on converting Sorcery 1 to 3.5 once the FFRPG comes out.

Regards,
Shane
Go to Top of Page

jamie

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted?-?07 May 2004?:? 12:23:56 ?Show Profile ?Visit jamie's Homepage ?Reply with Quote
Antonio Wrote:
PD: Jamie, when should we expect the Seven Serpents?

SORCERY! The Seven Serpents is due for release in June, along with Forest of Doom.

Hope that helps mate

Jamie Wallis
Author
Myriador LTD
Go to Top of Page

Antonmodron

Spain
17 Posts

Posted?-?10 May 2004?:? 22:09:59 ?Show Profile ?Visit Antonmodron's Homepage ?Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jamie
Hope that helps mate

Of course it does, Jamie.
Thanks a lot.

Antonio
Go to Top of Page

alexmegelas

8 Posts

Posted?-?19 May 2004?:? 19:00:28 ?Show Profile ?Reply with Quote
When people are talking about upgrading to 3.5, what does that mean exactly? Are there more detailed, advanced versions of the modules or are you talking about a game system?
Go to Top of Page

Eternalknight

Australia
117 Posts

Posted?-?20 May 2004?:? 11:08:55 ?Show Profile ?Visit Eternalknight's Homepage ?Send Eternalknight an AOL message ?Send Eternalknight an ICQ Message ?Click to see Eternalknight's MSN Messenger address ?Send Eternalknight a Yahoo! Message ?Reply with Quote
Last year, Wizards of the Coast released an updated version of the three core rulebooks, which they called the 3.5 edition. "Updating to 3.5" simply means bringing the modules into line with the updated rules.

Shane

My homepage: http://members.dodo.com.au/eternalknight
Go to Top of Page
? Previous Topic?Topic?Next Topic ?
?New Topic ?Reply to Topic
?Printer Friendly
Myriador Forums ? 2002 Myriador Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000